WWYD? Cancer while pregnant

What would you do if you were pregnant and then found out you had cancer?

say you were 20 weeks along?

6 weeks along?

Towards the end of your pregnancy?

Or going through cancer treatments then finding out you're pregnant?

Now a days dependingon how far along you are, you can have chemo treatments while pregnant. They keep an eye on the baby to make sure they are growign and are fine. 

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Health

• I am thankful that I do not have to even consider that.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• That is the type of situation that you would have to be in to have an opinion about. Otherwise you could never know what you would really do. Very sad.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:43 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I would abort. It's not going to help the children I have, or my future child, if I'm dead.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• It would really depend on what consequences of delaying chemo would do. Some cancers are aggressive and need immediate attention, some do not.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:56 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I don't know it would be a horrible thing to have to endure, but if I was over 20 weeks, I would go ahead and have the baby.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:46 AM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I would do anything and everything I could to make sure I had a healthy baby at the end of that pregnancy.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• There are a lot of variables. I guess I'd have to look at how aggressive the cancer was, what the odds would be of remission if I delayed chemo versus trying to undergo the treatments while pregnant, how far along I was, etc. I would do everything in my power not to lose the baby, I do know that much. But if it came right down to brass tacks, maybe I'd have to let the unborn one go to stay alive for the daughter I already have. Hopefully I'll never have to make such an awful ecision, and my heart goes out to the women who do.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I would really have to listen and talk to the doctors. That would be a tough choice to make.

Answer by louise2 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2013