Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Hello. Last night my son punched me in the jaw. What should I do at this point?

He has a history of anger/abusive behavior. He has hurt animals, my daughter and myself and has taken a liking to stealing and hiding things from me. He has made false allegations of abuse (by me) aCPS has been here twice. The problem is that my husband is lying for him and not holding him accountable for his actions. His biological mom (weve had him since age 4) has a long history of mental illness and Son has been diagnosed w/some too. My husband refuses to put him on meds and has the doctor convinced that he is "doing great." Eveything he does is when dad is not looking and because he didn't "see" it happen he assumes I am making it up and calls me a liar. I am worried about my 8yr old daughter who has witnessed and experienced too much already. We have left home twice insisting that he get help but the behavior always comes back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Answer Question

Asked by JustJen506 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (18)
  • Call the fucking police!

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

  • If my husband didn't believe me that his son attacks me i would leave his ass and take my child with me. He is a danger to your child LEAVE NOW if your so called husband won't do a damn thing. He will never learn until you do stand up for yourself. Call the police NOW, press charges.

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

  • I agree call the police and have him arrested. It's very tough love but he needs to experience the consequences of his violent actions because jail/prison is exactly where he's going to end up if he pulls this shit after he's 18. I'm very sorry you're dealing with this though.

    Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

  • I agree.. have the cops pick his ass up.

    Answer by anestheticsex at 12:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

  • Thank you all. I know you are right. I worry about my daughter though. Last time we went to a woman's shelter and it was very difficult for her. She did not eat, couldn't sleep and was severely depressed. I have no resources to get an apartment as I am perm. disabled and do not have much. I know in my heart that we need to go though. If anyone has any thoughts or advice on possible resources in California please let me know.

    Comment by JustJen506 (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

  • Police!

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

  • Leave the home for the 3rd time and this time stay away.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

  • You're worried about your daughter - so ask yourself if staying in this situation is really all that good for her? Frankly, I'd rather have her be depressed and not eating temporarily until I could get back on my feet than to have her in this situation. Not to mention, for your own benefit, you need to be out.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 12:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

  • Grab your daughter and any pets you have and get the heck out of there!

    Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

  • sign up for medicade the minute you leave. Sign for for the housing assistance now and just tell them you're a single mom living in a shelter. Get a PO Box and start having all your mail go there. Put all of your belongs in a storage unit or a friends or family members place. LEAVE NOW>

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.