Abnormal results on a PAP

Have any of you had an abnormal pap smear result? I have the result come back this time as "abnormal" . Something about squamis cells? HPV? All I know is that its precancerous, or tends to be. Im so scared... Has anyone else had this? What was the out come?

SillyMomma

Asked by SillyMomma at 1:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Health

• I did. I had to have a certain surgery can't think of the name. Its where they numb your who ha and then they scrap, burn and electrocute your inside to kill all the pre-cancerous cells. I did it on Fridatyand was back to work Monday.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Cryo something, yea that is one of my options... have you had any reoccurences since?
    SillyMomma

Comment by SillyMomma (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• No but my sister did. She's fine. Isn't that from HPV?? I may be wrong.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• It's been 3 years and I have been cleared for it. I need to make a new appt though.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Cryosurgery. Had 2.
    What you have to remember is that your hubby/partner probably has it, too, so if you do not use condoms, he keeps re-infecting you, and you'll end up having surgery once a year!! My ex refused to wear them, so he didn't get sex because I'd be back to the doctor every 3 months.
    After I left him I have only had one abnormal pap in 15 years, and that was re-checked last week and was fine!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I had one abnormal result years ago. It was rechecked, found to be okay, and I've never had any trouble since. Good luck, Mama!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Ive been TTC, so this doesnt help! Still confused and scared :( But it doesn't help that I can't track down which clinic I had the abnormal smear X amount of years ago. I can't remember how long ago it was, but I do remeber that it resolved itself. I never got a definate result that it was HPV or I would have taken the proper precations!! So frustraited >:-/
    SillyMomma

Comment by SillyMomma (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2013