Ever dye your hair from a box?

You know that feeling of dread hoping you did not miss a spot? Please please please.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Yes many times! But as you may recall, last time I forgot to add the color tube! It was under the directions (I was using a new brand) & my one year old was running in & out of the bathroom distracting me. My hair turned to orange frizz! LOL! :P

What color are you doing?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Red. Going to get it cut super short tonight too. The a line Bob cut. If that's what it is called.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Cool! Post a Pic later!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Yep, all the time.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I ONLY color my hair with box stuff. Refuse to pay the money for a salon lol. But I don't do drastic color changes so if I miss a spot you can't really tell. I mostly color my hair just to cover stray grays anyway.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I have colored from a box before, but now I order professional stuff online (obviously I'm not licensed) because the results are better. When I was like 16, I did it from a box and missed a spot in the back. Now when I cover it, I go through it all with a vent brush several times and squish it in really well to make sure everything is covered. Good luck and post pictures when it's done!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• All the time. Mainly just to cover greys. If I'm doing a drastic color change I go to a salon for that. I'm ready for a new cut, too. Chopping off some major fro.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I've always done it myself from a box. I get someone to look for missed spots after I apply it.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 1:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Yes, well, kind of - I buy the color and toner as separate from the beauty supply store.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I do to cover grays, but I have to use two boxes because my hair is so thick - so there's little chance of me missing a spot!

Answer by missanc at 2:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2013