Letter sent to President Obama tests positive for Ricin

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/17/17794663-letter-sent-to-obama-tests-positive-for-ricin-officials-say?lite

The artical says it was sent from the same  sender as the one sent ealier to one of our congressmen.

This is rediculous.  They need to be hunted down like the cowardly dogs they are.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 1:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• No way it's westboro, they don't make any money off it unless they get publicity, and that's all they really care about. Their sole purpose is to cause dissent so other homophobic and racist twats will send them donations. Even the homophobic and racist twats wouldn't support something like this.

Something to keep in mind - there was an Anthrax thing going on during 9/11, too. Most people forget that, and in the end the guy sending the Anthrax had nothing to do with 9/11, he just suffered the poor timing of doing it in a week when something even bigger happened.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• It is ridiculous, OP. It is one thing to disagree with the president, or to dislike him. But there are proper ways to express that. I can't understand taking it to this kind of extreme. Not only is it ineffectual, because you KNOW nothing is given to him without being thoroughly tested for safety, etc, but it is counterproductive, because it makes whoever it is, whatever their cause may be, seem less credibly.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I think we have to really think, though. If it is an internal form of terrorism - domestic - then we need to look at the propaganda that speaks to those and stirs up distrust of the government and so forth. Yes, there are things to disagree with, but the *extremes* we see people going to, the misinformation, etc, etc, *does* get quite out of hand. If it is foreign, I think we need to look at different questions like could it be related to the anti-Islamic sentiment so greatly manifest in our country in the last decade? Could it be tied to our (US) drones and civilian lives lost, etc, etc? Not that it excuses these actions, I am definitely NOT claiming that. Whoever it is that is guilty SHOULD be apprehended and dealt with. But I think part of the process, in these situations, should also include enough self reflection to determine what could have been a part, could have been OUR part, in this. What needs to change? You know?
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I feel bad for the guy that works in the mail room. Picture him with a little bottle & a cotton swab, swabbing 10,000 letters a day to check for poison then one tests positive & he croaks! :( Poor guy!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Is this their "civil war"?
    Punishment will be swift and painful when the government gets ahold of them.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• In all honestly, I think these notes & the Boston bombings are connected. And, despite the fact that I do believe it could be an illegal Islamic terrorist cell here, I honestly think it's domestic terrorists. And, I would not be surprised at all if the Westboro Baptist Church was involved.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• i also think the letters & bombing are related and that its domestic terrorism. if it was an Islamic terrorist cell they would have taken credit by now...thats what they do.

i also find it strange that they havent given us any clue to who did this...they usually know something by now.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Exactly NP. Like him or loath him, and attack like this is despicable.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Shoot... sorry Dard... obviously I wasn't reading closely enough.. SORRY!!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2013