How many of you have kids that participate in Special Olympics?

I just got back from my son's SO day. I'm going to miss this when he graduates!

If we had a special needs category, this would go there - but since we don't . . .

Asked by missanc at 2:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2013 in General Parenting

• We do not but we go to cheer on our friends daughter who has cp.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I don't, but I have volunteered for many years at the SO swimming event that happens at the college I went to!! It's a lot of fun!! ;o)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I have three that do. I won't miss it at all when they graduate. They hate being out in the sun all day having to do those events. My oldest placed 1st in the 100 meter dash and 2nd on the softball throw. The other two well...they spent most of the time throwing a tantrum and trying to escape. They were hot, bored, tired, and overstimulated. Next year I may keep them home on that day.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• The kid I take care of does SO. I go every year and watch him. He loves it. It is so much fun to watch those kids compete. I usually take DS with me and let him skip school. He has a couple friends his age that compete plus he cheers on his buddy that I take care of. I will miss it when he graduates.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• No but I volunteered with them in and after high school. I loved seeing the athletes faces, the sheer joy in participating and delight when they won!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2013