DD's 6th birthday party.

I always throw a huge BBQ with an enormous amount of food. I've decided to NOT go crazy this year so I can sit back and have fun with the kids and visit with family that is coming from another state.

I want to do all appetizers. Veggie and fruit platter with dips, etc. Do you have some ideas for kid friendly, relatively healthy appetizers that I can make. Im expecting around 20 kids ranging from 2yrs to 8 plus adults.

Thanks!

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 2:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Food & Drink

• 3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I just made these yesterday for my kids (9 and 6)and they LOVED them.

PIZZA BALLS
    Ingredients:

3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (10 ct)
    60 pepperoni slices (2 per biscuit)
    Block of cheese (Colby/Monterey Jack or Chedder)
    1 beaten egg
    Parmesan Cheese
    Italian Seasoning
    Garlic Powder
    1 jar pizza sauce

Directions:

Slice cheese into approx. 28 squares. Flatten each biscuit and stack pepperoni and cheese on top (Like in the picture) Gather edges of biscuit and secure on top of the roll. Line rolls in greased 9x13 pan Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bake at 425 degrees F. for 18 to 20 mins. Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping. ENJOY!!
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• One of the moms in my daughter's preschool brought cheese and crackers for a birthday party. It was that awful spray cheese from a can, but she made smily faces on the crackers, and the kids couldn't get enough of them. They did fruit kabobs this week--pineapple and apple chunks, strawberry and orange slices, melon balls, blueberries and grapes. That was a hit, too.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2013