S/O Bragging on the internet/ FB

DD got a really wonderful job recently. One of the things that they were told in thefirst few meetings by HR was that they all had been thoroughly scrutinized, and one of the things they looked at was their FB accounts. They were told that it is a wonderful company to work with but that they( the hirees) are th face of the company and to keep their FBs clean.

Just a word to the wise.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 3:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Money & Work

• I have actually been thinking of closing this CM account and opening it back up in a different name, because CM pops up if you google my name.

Unfortunately, cow is already out of the barn on that one. Everything you've posted will stay here, and even if you could convince CM to delete everything you've done, it's still archived on the Internet Archive

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I have actually been thinking of closing this CM account and opening it back up in a different name, because CM pops up if you google my name. When I joined in 08 I didn't really consider what my screen name would matter, but with only a year left of college and the hunt for a new job, I think I should do it. Not that I'm controversial on here or anything, but just another thing I don't want employers prying into.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I am not on FB but I have heard that before.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• A lot of places do this now.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Yep!
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Yeah, that's why you shouldn't use your real name. ^^^

And, this is coming from someone who Google's stuff all day long.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• one of my students did not get a summer internship (engineering major, 4.0) because of what they saw on his FAcebook account. They did not think that his behavior represented their company very well. (college drinking, partying pics). It happens and kids do not get this that this information stays around forever.
    Also Colleges are now looking at Facebook accounts to determine scholarships, to admit kids that are borderline etc.........it is really another form of recommendation. If they don't like what they see they could pass on you and find someone else that looks more responsible.
    vbgirls3

Answer by vbgirls3 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Not on FB so I have nothing to worry about.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Makes very good sense to me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• i don't post anything on facebook other than my game feeds. to me facebook is just a place to play games. that's all i use it for anyway. there were a couple of creeps who tried to hit on me and they got deleted. i have blocked afew things from people. like on of my gamer friends has slipped up and posted a couple of sites i refused to click on and blocked that feed. other than that my account is good. unless they don't like the games i play. slots, poker, pot farm and words with friends
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2013