I feel tortured!!!!

I have had bipolar disorder since i was 5 but was diagnosed by a internal medicine dr just this past year and for the last 9mths i have been on zoloft starting at 12.5mg and now up to 150. it has bearly helped at all and now it doesnt work at all anymore, i also have daily chronic anxiety and have taken clonazepam for the last 4yrs. this past year i have been stuck in a depressive state as i use to be more manic and make bad choices and use to heavily drink alcohol. now for the last 2days i have been so depressed i cant move out of bed and stay in bed all day. the thought of getting out of bed seems to hard. my husband who works is getting everything pushed on him because of this. he goes to work, comes home and does all the cleaning and cooking and taking care of the kids. i cant take this anymore, and i cant see my new phyc dr for adleast 2wks because i dont have insurence and i dont have the money. please be kind when responding. just looking for simular stories. i dont know what i want but i want to be me again, the mom and wife that everyone was amazed by

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Health

• You need to talk to your doctor about your meds. Ask them if they will take payments.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Hugs. I know who you are, and I love you.
    Anonymous

• Call your internal medicine Dr. NOW. Zoloft is obviously not the right med for you. There are many other drugs out ther that will not put you into such a depressive state.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• dardenella: i have called him and the only way he can switch my meds is if i come in and i cant aford to do that and he is now closed for the rest of the day
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• thanks anon i love you too
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Call 211 and tell them you need a therapist able to prescribe meds with a sliding fee.
    Then call the providers and find out what percentages you are looking at
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I'm sorry you're going through this. One way or another, you'll need to see someone about your meds because Zoloft isn't working for you. If you can't afford to see a psychologist, call your local health department because there's usually some level of services provided by each county. Usually nothing in-depth, unfortunately, but enough to get you stabilized on medication that works.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I do not know who you are but hugs anyway.

He should have a hot line and he should be able to tell you how to scale back the drug. Do not under any circumstances stop taking it cold turkey.
    Call 211 and see what help they can offer you.
    At the least they should be able to direct you to a clinic and they will be able to tell you how to scale down the dosage.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I don't believe you need medication. I think all you need a small success. I know how you feel, though I am not bipolar, I have had to deal with chronic fatigue. It feels like someone spikes you with sleep meds every day and it's just easier to stay in bed and not have to face the world. Part of what contributed to it was my sleeping habits. Once I got back onto a normal sleep cycle, it helped a lot. Getting proper nutrition was also extremely important. When you sleep all day, it's easy not to eat properly. Take a multivitamin every day & eat lots of fruits & veggies that will give you energy. Exercise will also give you more energy, even if it's just stretching or walking up & down stairs. Listen to a motivational video on youtube every night before you go to sleep and when you wake up, such as Tony Robbins. Start small with the goal of getting 1 thing done, it doesn't matter what. Keep a list & cross it off when its done
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Motivation is contagious and there are so many good motivational videos on Youtube. I even listen to some exercise videos without exercising sometimes because the sound of energetic voices and encouraging words just wakes your mind up. Surround yourself with energy, light and positivity. Upbeat music has been clinically proven to help people get out of depressed mood because the sound rhythms affect regions of the brain that control emotions. I'm not talking gospel music but dance music or something with a good melody that just makes you want to sing. Also, wear clothes that make you feel good. You can feel shabby and lazy in sweats all day. Dress as if you were going out to do something fun. A cup of tea or coffee also doesn't hurt give you a good jumpstart to your day. Start each day saying to yourself, "Today is going to be a great day." Just keep repeating it. You'll start to believe it. Take care, U can do it!
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2013