Gun Control Legislation shot down in the Senate

Are you surprised? 

Asked by kmath at 4:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• When you buy a gun off the internet, the gun must be shipped to a person with an FFL (like a gun store, dealer). When you go to pick it up, at the gun store, you still have to do the background check before you can take the gun home. You can NOT buy a gun off the internet, and have it shipped to your home, with no questions asked. It must go to a gun store, where you still get the background check.

I am glad that they did not pass this POS legislation!!

Answer by 29again at 12:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I am glad

Answer by Dardenella at 5:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• so glad that ppl can continue to buy guns online or at gun shows without a background check...yay...our freedoms are safe...(can ya hint my sarcasm?)

although i did find it sad that the Newtown families were being lead around to promote this when their tragedy would not have stopped by a background check.

Answer by okmanders at 6:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• No, not surprised at all.

Answer by Ballad at 4:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Did they even eebate it? Or did they just go out and campaign it? I think DC forgot how they are supposed to work. A long time ago..

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• About damned time!

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• The newtown families were NOT lead around to promote background checks! They were doing what THEY BELIEVE! When are you people going to Wake UP !

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• This is a disgrace! Rules should be the same for everyone. If gun stores must do background checks so must gun shows and internet! I pray these senators who voted no get kicked out! NRA lies!! This was a balanced bipartisan bill, protecting the second amendment! Whether you believe it or not this is going to change! We will win in the end!

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Apr. 18, 2013