Is this a bipolar symptom? Something else?

If there's a lot of excitement around me or I get a fair amount of exercise, I get over stimulated and SUPER wired. Everything stripping me, and even my own actions, start to feel surreal. I wish I knew how to wind down. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Health

• Everything AROUND me, not everything stripping me. So far I've managed too keep my clothes on.;)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Have you thought of yoga or Tea kwon do?
    Both help you to master your breathing and help you to refocus your thoughts and awareness.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I agree, Yoga is for you!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• BTW, how is your diet? Eliminate foods & drinks high in sugar and caffeine. Food dyes may also effect you. Have you had a physical & blood work done recently? I'd start there.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• It could be if you also have phases that are the complete opposite, meaning you have times you are depressed or want to hurt yourself, too. The period of excitement, super energy and impulsiveness is called the manic phase. It can last as little as minutes or as long as months. However, it also cycles with the depression phase. There is no feeling of moderation or being in the middle with your moods. It's either high or low all the time. If this sounds like you, consult a psychiatrist or a doctor to get medication and therapy to help stabilize these mood swings.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 10:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I do get depression periodically - even to the point of thinking of suicide - but I don't get an episode to correspond to every ti me I get hyped up like that.

Are there particular types of yoga our yoga poses that would be best for calming me?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• it totally could be, or a sensory issue. and don't single out anxiety adhd!!!!
    expresso-time

Answer by expresso-time at 1:28 AM on Apr. 23, 2013