With all the terrible things happening all over the world each day, do you feel genuinely afraid for you and your family's safety? Or do you have an "it will never happen to us" mindset?

hatagaj

Asked by hatagaj at 5:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I always worry for my families safety but I am not going to worry so much it will affect my daily life. I will always be cautious.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I know it could happen to us but I'm not going to walk around in fear all the time.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I don't have a "it can't happen to us" mindset. But I also don't wrap us up in bubble wrap and hide in a bomb shelter all day, either. I take reasonable precautions to keep us as safe as I can, and the rest is up to...fate, destiny, a higher power, whatever you want to believe there. I'm not going to live in fear, nor will I raise my children to live in fear. A healthy sense of caution, sure, but not fear.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I know it can happen to me and mine, but living my life in fear is not living either. I take each day and it's trials as it comes and leave tomorrow for tomorrow.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I have a 'sometimes bad things happen to good people and I can't let the possibility of something bad happening from living my life to the fullest' mindset. I don't want to teach my kids to be disabled by their fear that something might go wrong because the odds of that happening are in my favor. I teach them to be aware of their surroundings and to follow their instincts.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Neither. The world has danger, but I can't live my life in fear of rare or uncontrollable things.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I'm not necessarily afraid OR of the indset the it won't happen to us

I figure, there are a lot of things in this world that can go wrong, but I am not going to live in fear over it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Bad things have always happened and probably always will. If anything, these tragedies remind me to NOT live my life in fear, and instead live life to the fullest because none of us knows if today will be our last.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I don't believe something awful could never happen to me or mine. But honestly, I try not to think about it too much because I could easily drive myself out of my mind worrying about catastrophes over which I have no control.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I am fully aware something *could* happen to us. I am also aware that in the grand scheme of things, these mass shootings/explosions are *rare* events. I am more likely to die unexpectedly in a car accident than by an act of violence.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2013