Would you give away your breast milk ????

To a family member who has just received a newborn to adopt? My daughter just received the ultimate gift from her cousin's wife, she just had a baby 3 months ago and offered her the spare breast milk.....she pumped just for this little angel, I was very touched, would you?

Asked by older at 6:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • You bet I would! In fact after I have my next baby, if our breast milk bank is open, I plan on donating as long as I can!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Sure, but no one would like mine laced with vodka, LOL!
    I most certainly would for someone.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 6:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• If they were okay with my medications, caffeine intake and my baby didn't need it- sure!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• i wish i had had enough milk to give away...my body didnt produce enough for my own kids. but if i had had extra, sure.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• i gave mine to the babies in the hospital. every time i would go to see my son i would pump a lot of milk and by the time he came home i had a lot left. If the parents say its ok to give their child then the hospital gave them my milk.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• That is great ladies!!!

Comment by older (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• If I had the extra I definitely would.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• yeah- I am with the other moms. if i was crunchy, sure. but the decisions my docs and i have made for my kid may not fly for anyones else
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• This breast milk comes from a mom who is taking no medication and is super healthy and eats very healthy...so it should be ok right?

Comment by older (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I am so glad to hear that you all would....maybe this breast milk can undo what her maternal mother did, she was born with weed and cocaine in her system and her mother also had syphilis but the baby tested negative. We will retest again in a month and hopefully we will get another negative then....it fills my heart with joy to give this angel the home she deserves...

Comment by older (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2013