Should I go to my child's graduation?

So, my cheating husband divorced me after 20 years He has custody of our children based on a lie, money and power and his fathers rights (woman haters group). Anyway, I cried when I got the invite, but it will be me alone faced with his hater bullying family members. I don't' know if I should go. They destroyed relationships between a mother and a child intentionally. I am and will always be a loving mom, but there is only so much abuse I can handle . I can't stop crying and it seems that GOD took his side. He must hate moms.

Tearful278

Asked by Tearful278 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Yes. Try your best to stay as far away from them as possible. But yes, go. Don't let them stop you!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• yes!!! go for your child! don't sit with them, but if you have to be around them at some point, just ignore them and focus on your kid!
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• It's not that easy. He humiliated all of us and it would humiliate my child even more if I went there.
    Tearful278

Comment by Tearful278 (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Would a group of you go with me, I am all alone :(
    Tearful278

Comment by Tearful278 (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• what state?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I am scared to answer that...can you tell?

Tearful278

Comment by Tearful278 (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Why would you be invited if your child would be humiliated by your presence? Go, support your child and show them you love them regardless of what her asshole father says.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• You need to go.I have a friend that had a very similar situation.She went ,her daughter did come and chat with her and then the family and daughter walked off to go to dinner.Several friends were waiting...we got her text and went out to eat with her that evening.Soooo little steps of texting while her daughter was away at college...dad and gmother not on her every minute...little baby steps but 2 years later she spent last weekend with her daughter at the mom-daughter sorority weekend.My friend will never be first but she is so much more a part of her daughter's life now than she was.It all started when she attended the graduation.Have some friend support ready for afterwards Good luck.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 6:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• if your child wants you there then go! you dont have to sit with your ex.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• Yes, time to redeem yourself and show your kid you are not the monster others said you were....no amount of hate could keep me away.....

Answer by older at 6:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2013