The sweet fear of Jesus in a little heart... lmao!

Quinn has been giving me a hard time for a few days so today in the car I asked her, 'Did you know that in the Bible God ask us to listen to our Mommy and Daddy and be respectful? So when you are telling us no and fighting with us it makes Jesus sad. When you are being respectful and listening you make Jesus smile.'

She told me 'It doesn't say that in *MY* Bible' :0)

But then tonight she asked me if she was being respectful now and making Jesus smile. But the original reaction from her cracked me up! I LOVE her!!

I guess I need a question...

What sort of answers have your kids given you that just threw you for a loop?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2013 in Just for Fun

• DS got stuck on a plane for 6 hours because of weather conditions. So he gets home and I ask him how his trip was.

DS: I just love flying.
    Me: Even after getting stuck today?
    DS: No mommy, couldn't you hear the sarcasm in my voice?!

Yeah, he is my son!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I don't try to put fear into my children via religion. Actually, I don't express any personal religious beliefs to them. Other than to say: some believe this, some believe that.

But, about a week ago, my 6 yr old DD was watching a cartoon that depicted the devil on it. She turned to me and said:
    "Mommy, there's really no such thing as the devil. People just say there is so other's will act good & behave".

She's a FREAKIN' GENIUS, I tell ya'. She's also claimed for the last 1.5 yrs that she's never going to have children because "they're too much work".
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I honeslty put the blame on myself, it makes Mommy feel sad when you do that, or Daddy.
    I don't think at a young age children need to "fear" making Jesus,God, Buddha, Allah or anyone unhappy, to be honest that is a huge thing to worry about.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 8:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• My youngest used to always question me endlessly about God while we were in the car driving. It kinda freaked me out.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• I said fear as a joke. ;0) She was not really afraid and fear was not ever my goal. Just reminding her what we, as a family, believe.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2013

• ::sigh:: I am closing this because what is light hearted to me and completely normal for my family is apparently disturbing to others. I would rather just end it now before it turns into something it's not. Thank you all for the honest responses and fun anecdotes. :0)
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2013