Cant stay awake but cant drink coffee either!!

Does anyone have a suggestion about what i could drink in the morning that isn't coffee but will have more or less the same effect? Also that is not coke or energy drinks. I just want something effective that I can drink most days without feeling even more tired afterwards. I am unable to drink coffee because it makes my stomach hurt afterwards.

1stTimeMomofOne

Asked by 1stTimeMomofOne at 7:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2013 in Food & Drink

• get up and go for a walk.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Tea or yerba matte. Both have some caffeine but less than a cup of coffee.

Keeping well hydrated will help too.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Sounds like you're just drinking the wrong kind(s) of coffee... Some brands make a smoother option so you don't get sour gut after. This used to happen to me all the time. The only coffee I can drink at home now is Nescafe instant.. I can really control how much I put in one cup.. and it tastes pretty good too.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:42 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Getting outside and getting some sunlight can help wake you up. If this isn't an option you could also open up every window in your house to let in as much light as possible, and if even that isn't an option, there are special lights sold for Seasonal Affective Disorder that simulate sunlight that you can buy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• great ideas in the previous answers.I don't drink coffee.I drink a mix of decaf and caf Chai tea.To help with the calcium I many times add low fat milk and a bit of agave to make a Chai Tea Latte.I buy the concentrate...I am lazy...for both the caf and decaf at Target.I just want some caffeine not a lot so I mix.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Do some light stretches. That might help you wake up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:29 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Tea? Mountain Dew?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:32 PM on May. 21, 2013