Cervical cancer

So I googled my symptoms and it looks like this is what I have. I have most of the symptoms. right down to the T.
I was at work had thee worst pain in my lower hips and back,right down through my legs.
I'm going to call my old gynocologist and see if he'll accept payment arrangments from and tell him I'm desperate for relief.
Int he meantime I was wondering if anyone has had cervical cancer what did you feel like before you found out you had it?
Are there any home remedies that can bring relief until I get help? It will be a few months before I can get help if the doctor isn't willing to work with me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2013 in Health

• That is a tremendous leap to diagnose yourself with that. The pain you describe could be anything including gallstones or kidney stones. I would just go in for a OBGYN visit & pay out of pocket for the visit ($50). Tell them you have no insurance & your fee may be a lot less than you think. You could also go to the ER if you are in that much pain. Usually Cancer is pain free in the early stages by the way. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:05 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Well, first, if it's cancer, you don't want to wait several months to treat it. You would want to find a dr who would work with you or some sort of charity or something that would help you pay.

Second, don't assume you have cancer just because you think you have all the symptoms. Let your doctor do the appropriate exams and testing to determine whether or not you have cancer. You shouldn't base anything on what you can google. Hell, you can convince yourself you have the Black Plague if you google it. You'll find symptoms that you have, just because you can find symptoms that you have to match anything when you look online. My rule is to never look up anything like that unless my doctor has officially told me I have something - then I can do my own research to find out more.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:16 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• NEVER use the Internet to diagnosis yourself. A year ago I had symptoms of something like laryngitis, I looked up on the Internet and everything I found said throat cancer. It was only laryngitis, I din't even worry myself. I found it amusing. If you're concerned see someone who actually went to school and has the resources to make a correct diagnosis.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I had no pain with my cervical cancer, no symptoms at all but a bit of nausea.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:26 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Like the pp's said. Never use the internet to diagnose what you have, it will make you go crazy. Go to the doctor ASAP.....
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I'm not going crazy just looking but I did have a cat scan,they put some dye in me not sure what it's called I had to drink some stuff over an hour. Anyways they said everything looks good accept they said I should see a gyno. I've had these pains for a very long time,only now its more persistant. Twelve years ago I had problems with my cervix the gyno that I saw back then said it it gave me anymore problems that I may need an operation. Can't remember what he said was wrong. I'm tired of feeling sick to my stomach and being in pain day and night.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• You ought to find a doctor who will work with you financially sooner than a few months from now, just so you can get out of pain. And as others have said, self-diagnosis via the Internet will only make you crazy. Wait to se what the doc says.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:00 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• You may want to try Planned Parenthood. Depending on where you are located, they often offer (or refer for) these services
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• The health dept has a female's clinic. I'd go talk with them if you don't have insurance. I had cervical dysplasia (pre-cancer stage). I don't remember having the symptoms you described but it was easily remedied in the dr's office. I've never had the problem again

Answer by admckenzie at 4:06 AM on Apr. 19, 2013