Has anyone heard bone crackling sound while lifting their young one?

My son is 16 months old. Whenever I pick him up I have several times heard bone crackling sound from his back. It is not always that this happens but I have heard this several times . I will be discussing this with my pediatrician the next time we meet him but still I was curious that whether this thing happened to anybody else also.

Also I must tell that though I hear this sound but my baby seems to be just fine with no pain or anything like that.

newmommy121211

Asked by newmommy121211 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's funny that you say that. My Son was the same way. He seemed very "crackly" but with no complaints at all. I never did ask the Pediatrician about it. He's 6 now & fine (no more crackly bones). My Daughter is one & never had that! Let us know if you find anything out about it. I'd be curious to know!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:51 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Yup, it's their back popping. It doesn't hurt them at all. Have you ever been to a chiropractor? It's the same concept.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I hear the same from my son. He drinking around 50oz of milk a day. When I questioned it with my sons doctor is said he was fine and not to worry.
    Femommy

Answer by Femommy at 10:10 AM on May. 21, 2013