Do you still have a "security blanket" type thing from when you were little?

Pillow, blanket, stuffed animal... & if so do you still use it? lol.

When I started walking, I latched on to this couch pillow, for whatever reason, & insisted on taking it everywhere & sleeping w/ it every night. Over the years it's been re-covered at least a dozen times to where now it is a long skinny rectangle, instead of a big square... lol. But, I'm 31 y/o, & I still sleep w/ it every night. Don't get me wrong, I can sleep w/out it, but I just don't sleep well w/out it. It's sooo stinkin comfortable!!!

Anyone else have something from childhood that they still use or hang onto?

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 10:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I have a quilt my granny made for me when I was a baby, but it's been put away so it won't get messed up.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I have 2 stuff animals I've had since I as 3. They are both in great condition and my kids aren't allowed to touch them and they know it.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• No. I used to have a bag of stuffed animals that were important to me when I was a child, but somewhere along the line, maybe 3 moves ago, I don't know what happened to it. Bummer, too. I wanted to give my Pound Puppy to my youngest son.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Ive always had very sensitive skin, and itch a lot from irritants all around me. So when I was a little kid, I had this one type of blanket that I would wrap around myself and I wouldn't itch so much. I still look for those types of blankets and pretty much always sleep with one. I have worn several totally out. It's not a security thing, but a comfort one. So many types of fabric itch me.

But yes, my boys love to tease me about having a blanky!! LOL
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Not really. There wasn't much safe or comforting about my childhood. I have some things I'll give to my daughter as she gets old enough for them, but nothing I really hold on tight to myself.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:37 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• nope- I don't remember having anything like that really
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:42 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Don't judge me. I had a "silkie". It was my mother's old slip LOL! I loved the cool, "silkiness" of it. I'm sure it's still in a box somewhere but no I don't use it anymore.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I have my blankie from when I was a baby. It is so old and tore up that it is falling apart. It stays under my pillow. I also have a quilt my grandma made me that I keep put up.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I have a large bear that I got for Christmas when I was 4. I don't use him anymore though. I gave him to my kids, but he was on my bed until I married my husband.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 1:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2013