My son is 15 months old and has a hard time trying to walk in shoes

What should I do to help him? He has been walking since 13 months he's 15 months now and we bought him shoes but he just stands there and fussed then sits and try's to take them off

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 18, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Where are you trying to encourage him to walk? I'd let him go barefoot at home.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Inside we never put shoes on him but we figured with warm weather coming if we took him outside we want him to have his feet protected. So we tried to get him to start out around the house for like fifteen mins to get used to them before trying them outside
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• My kids were like that. They just feel weird to him. Keep putting them on & he'll get used to them. Pediped makes cute shoes that are easy to walk in & they can wear outside.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:14 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• My kids wear Robeez inside the house so they don't slip.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Ilovemypaulie thanks for the recommendation, i'll check the pediped shoes out :) my daughter seemed to take right off when we put shoes on her with out too much problem, but my son has eczema so it's kinda tricky because lately the only place he has out breaks is the top of his feet so i don't want them to rub against that he may just have to spend more time in the house playing until his eczema clears up a little better.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• the soles might be too stiff... they should be pretty flexible at this age.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Keep encouraging him that he needs to wear his shoes. They may be too tight. I have to buy my son wide shoes because he has fat feet. I know one time my husband bought shoes and they wont wide. My son would cry and pull at them.
    Femommy

Answer by Femommy at 10:08 AM on May. 21, 2013