Is this something to worry about?

Yesterday my son was diagnosed with Phuenomia. He's 2 1/2. The doctor gave him ammoxicillian and said he should be feeling better by Friday and to have him back in at the end of the month to chekc him out again.

His fever is down, but he is so lethargic today. He's at my moms because i'm at work and he's just in the recliner watching tv not moving. he falls asleep , wakes up and goes back to sleep. It's been 4 1/2 hours. Normally when the motrin hits him he's at least close to his normal self and he was not this lethargic yesterday..

I asked my mom if he's diaper was wet and if he has tears when he cries and she said yes and that he just drank a bunch of gatorade.

If he is not better by Saturday morning i'm definately going to take him into the doctors but do you think I should call today. Do you think this behaviour is normal and he's just whooped from the sickness. I'm nervous. I don't think hes dehydrated.

Thanks in advance!

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He is fighting off a serious infection. All his body's energy is going toward that fight. He has nothing left to play or really do anything but sleep. As long as he is drinking and responding when he is spoken to I think he is doing alright.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• He needs all the sleep he can get. Only worry if you can't wake him.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Sleeping is good, his body is fighting the good fight against disgusting germs. Seriously momma, rest is what he needs.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I know it's terribly unnerving to see your child ill and not acting like himself. But if he wakes up when your mom talks to him and he's drinking fluids, I'd just ride it out. Hopefully he'll be full of energyand ready to take on the world again soon. Hang in there, Mama.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• When my oldest son was 18 months old, he caught some sort of stomach virus. He's normally a bundle of energy, always moving, but I remember how out of it he was. I have a picture of him half on and half off the couch, because he tried to crawl up on the couch and didn't have the energy to get all the way up before falling asleep there. It's scary, but rest will help their little bodies heal. Hope he feels better soon.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Thanks Guys!!!! It's scary seeing him so out of it!
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I came down with that back in January, and it took me a little over a month to begin to feel like 'me' again. Anything such as going up and down stairs winded me, I got tired took a nap. I can't imagine how long it would take a 2 yr old to get better. Hopefully faster than I did!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I agree with the others....His little body is fighting off germs and as long as he responding and drinking he will be fine....My daughter caught the 7 day stomach virus one time and she was 3 I was scared out of my wits cause my little girl went from this wild three yr old to this lethargic pile of flesh and my baby lost 10 pounds and she was already so little but hang in there he will be fine prayers going up for yr son.
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 9:49 AM on May. 3, 2013