Not e what is going on with my dd

She was telling me she felt like she had to pee but couldn't after a couple weeks I took her to the dr her urine was sent out for culture but came back fine no infection. The other day the light burnt out in the bathroom so dh had to go buy light bulbs well my 8 year old had to go to the bathroom but she said it was dark (but she could see with the hall light on) but she wouldnt use it until dh came back with light bulbs. She has been wanting me to keep her bedroom door open lately (she hasn't ever been scared of the dark) she shares a room with her 5 year old sister. Also she keeps having bad dreams (she doesn't wake me up but tells me in the morning) she has dreams of someone killing her or me or someone in the family. She isn't allowed to watch scary movies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• You do not say how old she is but I would consider a child therapist
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• It sounds to me like a bit of anxiety. I was a very anxious kid and have an anxiety problem even as an adult. I remember when I was in the third grade I would go pee and the feeling of having to go never went away. I was also scared of the dark and of something happening to my parents. I think for now just give her lots of reassurance and also talk to her a lot and see if you can get her to talk to you about her feelings. THen if it gets worse, maybe counseling or something. Good Luck. My oldest son is very anxious as well, feel so sorry that they have worries at such a young age but I guess everyone does.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Sorry thought I did. She is 8
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Oh she also peed her pants a little the other day then that night peed the be as well.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• It sounds like normal anxiety to me. Okay, a bit on the high end of normal, but nothing to worry too much about. My five-year-old daughter went through that bad dream thing for a little while, and I just took greater care than usual about what she saw on TV. I also bought her a Flashlight Friend, which is a light inside a stuffed animal. It's LED so it doesn't get hot, and it shuts off on its own after a short time. That way she can have her light with her at night.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• You say she's not allowed to watch scary movies......but what about the news? There has been a LOT of scary stuff on the news, especially to an 8 year old.

This sounds like a reaction to something scary she's seen or heard about. Give her love and reassurances that she is SAFE with you guys.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• She doesn't watch the news
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• What TV shows does she watch? Are other kids at school like on the bus letting her look on thier phones at scary images like on Youtube? Ask her!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2013