Not crazy about other peoples kids.....

I know that sounds terrible with me being a mother. I have three kids of my own, and always said I didn't want kids because of how I felt around them. When I got pregnant with my first child I was devastated. I cried on and off for weeks. My mom tried telling me that it's different with your own kids. Of course I didn't believe her until after my first was born. My question is, am I the only one like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• Nope, a lot of the time other people's kid annoy the hell out of me.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• No, for the most part I don't like other people's children. There are a handful of exceptions & they're at my house all the time lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Nope! I don't like other people's children either. I only like my own and my grandchildren. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I don't like many people PERIOD,and kids are no exception. Some kids just rub me the wrong way.
    There's this creepy kid in my son's class that is always trying to ask me questions and he leers at me.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I like certain kids, usually the well behaved ones lol Kids like me though but I do a lot with my dds friends. We go to movies, do art projects, scavenger hunts. But she's had a few friends I don't like, they are rude brats so I try to not have them over.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 2:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Thank's ladies.. I don't feel that bad anymore. Lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I like kids who are well-behaved and in possession of their basic manners. Which means there are a lot of kids I dont care for at all. It amazes me how rude some parents let their kids be, and just laugh it off. That being said, I love my daughter in a way that is different an so much deeper than I feel about any other children, even my stepkids, and it's unexplainable to me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Depends on the kid but other people's kids annoy me sometimes.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• All in all, I have way less patience with other people's kids. Whenever I begin to think mine are little monsters, I just go out in public and witness other people's children and I feel a little better. That said, sometimes when we are out my kids are 'THOSE KIDS'.

I however was not upset when I found out I was pregnant with either of them.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Since being around a lot of little kids. I have come to the realization that it's not the kids fault that they can be annoying. They are annoying when they have annoying Parents. Kids are like mirrors of their Parents bad qualities. Unfortunately the Parents don't see it or correct it because they don't notice their own short comings. Thus we have so many bullies & disrespectful children these days. Thank their disrespectful & obnoxious entitled Parents for that. Whew....that was like a vent! LOL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2013