Golden Rod Eggs

How to make it

• Peel eggs, separate whites from yolk. Chop whites into bite size chunks, mash yolks with tines of fork, set aside.
  • Melt butter in pot on stovetop med to med-high heat.
  • Mix in flour to form a roux.
  • Wisk in milk, bring to a boil, adding salt/pepper to taste. Should become gravy-like consistency.
  • Remove from heat and mix in chopped egg whites.
  • Serve ladled over toast with mashed egg yolks sprinkled on top.
  • Enjoy!

Eggs Goldenrod

I have never had this before either and I liked it. 

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Thank you so much I am sooooo making this for dinner tomorrow. For some reason I thought it had dry mustard in it, but this sounds amazing, tell your kid I will eat his next time!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Idk that doesn't look tasty to me. But I would try it at least once since everyone is saying its good.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Yum. I make something similar called cheese eggs a la king, only difference is adding cheese and using cream of mushroom soup instead of the butter and flour mixture. My boyfriend wants me to try adding chopped, cooked bacon to it next time I make it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• This is almost identical to the creamed eggs on toast my family likes. Make up a white sauce (melt butter, add flour, add milk), then add in the hard boiled eggs, sliced whole, and serve over toast with salt and pepper to taste.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2013