Does this sound like acid reflux?

My 4 1/2 year old son has been vomitting in his mouth after he eats and it's been going on for a few months now. It's never a lot...just a tablespoon or so. It hasn't worried me until recently when someone suggested it could be reflux. I just thought he was running around too much after eating and upsetting his stomach. It also isn't EVERY time he heats, but maybe once a day--or every 2 days.

As a baby, he spit up quite a bit but the doctor was never concerned about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Yeah, it does sound like it could be reflux. Try small meals several times a day rather than large ones. Make sure that he is not allergic to foods - lactose intolerant etc. Just about everyone in my family has reflux, including my children. Certain foods will set it off. For me it is spaghetti, milk products, green peppers etc. Try giving him yogurt. Activa would be great. Lactose intolerant people can usually eat yogurt and it is great for the stomach, intestines. You have to keep reflux under control because it can lead to more serious disease.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Sounds like it could be I would go to the doctor and have them see what they say.
    mommygirls2

Answer by mommygirls2 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• see if after eating you can get him to do something quiet like read, color or even watch TV for a half hour and see if that helps. If it does I too would suggest Reflux.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:25 AM on Feb. 17, 2009