Is there life after divorce?

Me and my husband are separated. We have talked about trying to work it out but I am losing hope. I am so scared to be divorced for so many different reasons, mostly because of the effect it will have on our kids. I am scared for them and scared for me. Who the hell would want to be with a mom with 4 kids, several pets and as of right now no job ( I'm a SAHM)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2013 in Relationships

• Yes there is and in my experience it's much better than life during a marriage that isn't working. Don't be afraid of opportunity. It's a new chapter in your life and it may be so exciting you forget about the D word. My children were relieved when my x and I divorced. Life was simpler and fun. We laughed again. It's not a bad thing. Embrace the possibilities.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:39 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• yes there is life after divorce, and you will eventually find out that its better than the life you're living now. dont worry about finding someone new. focus on finding yourself again, who you are as a mom and a person.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• You don't need to worry about being with someone else when you aren't even divorced yet. That shouldn't even be a part of the equation. Worry about your kiddos and bettering your life first. There is life after divorce and it can be even better than marriage was. You have to choose to make it that way though.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Life after divorce is way better than life in a miserable marriage. Don't worry about finding someone else to be with right now. Focus on getting the divorce done, then getting life in order and stable for you and your kids (and your pets), and then take things from there.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I loved my life after the divorce. I was a stay at home mom who had a husband that constantly degraded me and ran around. When he left it was scary but I was determined to make it. I had family who helped with the kids, a wonderful church that helped me when things around the house broke and I couldn't afford to fix them. You learn how to barter which really helps. I'll watch your kids while you work and you watch mine while I work. It may be that you have to sell the house and get something smaller and closer to friends/family who can help out. You don't worry about other men. After the divorce you take it one day at a time and when the time is right the right man will come along. In my case it was almost 10 years later but he was well worth it. In that time I learned more about myself then I ever dreamed. I am strong and I do not need a man to make me feel complete but I love my new dh!
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Life after divorce is way better than life in a miserable marriage

wendywriter said it

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• It looks like whether you work it out or not you need to look for a job. It will give you some security. I know there is life after divorce because I have seen many moms who do it, though I have not.

I will say that if I were getting a divorce my first thoughts would not be about getting another man to want me. I would be more thinking about my own self sufficiency and the well being of my children.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• There is definitely life after divorce, and you'll find its better than trying to hold together the comfortable but hopeless life you have right now. Hang in there, and focus on yourself and your kids. The rest will fall into place.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Man I'll make it work, starting with a divorce moon. Honestly the next guy would be a suprise because I would not be looking or wanting one. I feel I'm a great person my girls are amazing who wouldn't want to be a part of that? I do agree the affect in my children would be my biggest concern but being in an unhappy marriage doesn't make their life better, seeing unhappy parents is not a walk in the park.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I subscribe to tnm786
    lullaby572

Answer by lullaby572 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2013