:(

my hubby is leave for a month for work.....kid of depressed over it .I have never been away from him that long .I don't know how the military wife to do it ....yall are strong women....I guess I will have to find some way to entertain myself so the time seems shorter....

tigger3itch

Asked by tigger3itch at 3:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2013 in Relationships

• Awww. Hang out with friends if you can so you don't notice the loneliness so much.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Yeah, we are in the midst of our 3rd deployment, so even though I know it's hard for you to be away from your Spouse a whole month, find it hard to be sympathetic haha

I had a civilian friend who complained to me during my husbands first deployment that she hated when her husband had to work nights because she couldn't sleep without him. I was like um.. He is there when you wake up, so don't complain to me
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• this is very true Cassie_kellison I don't know how ya do it .........you are a strong women
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• My husband drove tow truck for many years and would come and go all hours of the night. It felt like he was never home because along with being on call at night he also worked a full daytime shift. I got use to it. Even with a colic baby. So when he took a job that kept him away for 2wks then home for 1 it didn't phase me much. In the meantime my sister in law whined about my brother working evenings for a few weeks and not seeing him enough. He even got the kids to school for her and saw her all weekend. I was a full time student with a 5 yr old and thawing frozen pipes, shoveling snow, mowing grass and everything all by myself.

The only time it bothered me is in Dec 2010. We went to his parents the day after Christmas and ended up staying the week because his dad was admitted to the hospital. When we got home our front door was mangled. Nothing stolen. But he had to go back to work just 2 days later. I was a shaking mess.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 4:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• wow that Idk how you did that that'smyboy........i don't get to see my hubby alot he works 6 days a week 12-14 hours but the good thing is that we have a vac planned when he gets back so at least i get to see him the whole week and not have to worry about anything.....I guess im just going to be stressed ...18 month old and im a full time student and I have finals for the next two weeks ....and I really don't have any friends, which sucks a lot bc all friends left me when I had the baby .
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Remember the days when you were single?
    Fill your time with I dont know learning a language! Or studying a religion, that's what I did
    lullaby572

Answer by lullaby572 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2013