8 weeks pregnant with second baby and I don't "feel" pregnant?

I know this sounds weird/dumb but this is my second baby and I just don't "feel" pregnant. With my first I had all the signs and symptoms and simply felt different but this one I just don't feel it at all and it's making me panic. Anyone else have this issue? I feel crazy but I'm almost to the point where I feel like something might be wrong. I have an ultrasound scheduled for 3 weeks from now so ill see then but I just thought I'd see what you ladies have to say :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Every pregnancy is different so try not to compare it to your first one. Just be happy you aren't sick.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I never had any real pregnancy symptoms, even when I had twins.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Your now crazy and I know just how you feel. When I found out I was pregnant with my second 3 weeks after our family vacation I was in shocked because it was almost 2 years that we start trying again after our mc and we didn't think it would ever happen again. I really didn't have many signs at all expect for missed period but sometime my friend would come late so I wasn't really wierd but once it got to be almost a month i decide to take the test. When we went to the dr's to found out for sure and had a ultrasound I still didn't believe or feel like I was pregnant I didn't feel that I was until 10 weeks when I felt my baby move for the first time. I'm sure everything is ok every pregnancy is different.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Maybe you just don't feel pregnan because it isn't all new like it was the first time.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I am currently 15 weeks, I've had four ultrasounds and I still dont feel or believe I'm really pregnant. This is my first child though. Everyone says once you feel the movement then it hits you. But you should be fine. My baby is perfectly healthy, and I dont feel pregnant.
    AussieRae93

Answer by AussieRae93 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• This happened to me after having two full term babies. I just felt something was wrong. I was right...twice. After I became pregnant again after those, I forced my doctor to check my hormone levels when I started to get that feeling again and I was right again, something was off. I was able to take a supplement and my son was just fine, however, I never really felt pregnant with him until I saw him on the ultrasound and felt him moving. Follow your gut and just ask them to check. A simple blood test of your hcg and progesterone levels a week or a few days apart can calm your nerves. Even ask him to move up your ultrasound if need be. I'm sure things are fine, but don't feel weird about expressing your worries! Good luck to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 7:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2013