What to do?

My daughter has a BFF at school. I am thrilled. I sent an email to her teacher to see if she could ask the little girl's mom to exchange phone numbers so the girls could play outside of school. I haven't heard back from the teacher yet. Should I just send in my phone number? I want them to have a friendship outside of school, over the summer, and on. Any ideas?

Thanks!

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• does your school not have a student directory?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I would send a note with your child to give to the other child's mother. Include your name and number and maybe a little introductory note. Go from there.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• You shouldn't involve the teacher or the child in getting the numbers. I would wait til there is a parent night or something and approach the parent them. I wouldn't want someone approaching my child asking for phone numbers and other information.
    Anonymous

• Ask your daughter to exchange phone numbers with her friend, than you or her Mom can call each other to set up something.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I've connected with the parents of a few little girls from my daughter's school by giving notes with my name and number to the teacher so she can put them into the student folders. Depending on your daughter's age, that might be an option.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Most Schools have a class directory. Ask the Teacher if she is going to distribut one. Otherwise send a note in with your Daughter to give to her friends Mom.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• What I did was to send an invitation for a play date with my number asking her to give me a ring if it was OK. The invitation was handed from my daughter to her friend at school. It works every time!
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 7:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2013