Can't Sleep

My daughter is crying her lungs out I tried to give her the bottle but she wouldn't take it and the passy she just spits it out idk what to do she want stop crying...I called my mom and she told me to keep trying to calm her down and if that doesn't work we are taking her to the doctor

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she has no fever then she is hungry, gassy or needs to poop or needs a diaper change. Do you have a swing? Or how about an umbrella stroller? Put her in an umbrella stroller on a blanket & wheel her around your kitchen, den or whatever in the house in the dark until she falls asleep. Then put her in the crib. Most likely gas. I would hold my babies horizontally with their belly against my chest, head on one arm & elevate their feet a little higher than their head and walk around quietly pressing them against me to release the gas.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• If this is the first crying jag, then it probably isn't reflux. Does your baby get worse if you try to settle her down flat on her back? Reflux makes lying flat uncomfortable, so babies who have it are often propped up to sleep.

If she can hold her head up, you can also try laying her on your lap, tummy down. Pat her back and gently raise your knee under her lower belly to help release the gas.

I hope the little sweetie feels better soon.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• How old is she? :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• yeah, how old?

Answer by older at 8:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• 2 1/2 months
    Shaketa123

Comment by Shaketa123 (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• I have a swing and thanks hopefully this helps I also wonder if she could have Acid Reflux
    Shaketa123

Comment by Shaketa123 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Way worse the crying is kinda going down but she gets louder out of nowhere
    Shaketa123

Comment by Shaketa123 (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Thank you ladies for the advice she went to sleep lastnight peacefully

Shaketa123

Comment by Shaketa123 (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2013