Is it normal to keep feeling worse and worse?

I am currently 15 weeks pregnant with my first child, and quite honestly, I feel like death. I am constantly hungry, to the point I feel like I could eat a cow, but when I go to make myself even a bowl of Top Roman I can only eat half a pack. Its like this with EVERYTHING, I feel hungry but cant eat. Also, when I take showers, its only luke warm. I hate hot showers. And in the middle of washing my hair or body I get light headed and have to get out, sit on the toilet and just breath. I just thought after the first trimester that things would get a little better. And up until 12 weeks, I was prefectly fine. Didnt even feel one bit pregnant. :( Please tell me if this is all normal or not.

AussieRae93

Asked by AussieRae93 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• What does your doctor say?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• So far all my blood work looks normal. I don't know why I keep feeling yuckier. I didnt think it was worrysome enough to make a doctor call. I have an appointment with my gyno on the 29th. But I've lost I think 2-3 lbs
    AussieRae93

Comment by AussieRae93 (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2013

• Every pregnancy is different. I didn't even know I was pregnant till nearly twelve weeks. Then for the next two months I felt awful, just awful. Sick as a dog. After the twenty-week mark the sickness passed and I was fine again. My doctor said she wasnt concerned, a lot of women lose a few pounds before they start gaining in later pregnancy. You might consider eating at least a few crackers before taking a shower, in case your blood sugar is dropping, and also don't let the water get too hot because some pregnant women don't tolerate heat well. If you aren't eating much and your stomach is upset a lot, consider talking to your doctor about Prilosec or another anti-reflux drug. Prilosec was the only thing that made it so I could eat at all for a few months. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:15 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• It could be a nutrient deficiency in combination with the hormonal imbalance. Be sure to get enough vitamin B12, folic acid, leafy green vegetables (kale, spinach), yogurt in your diet. Ginger drinks may also help you (tea or candies even). Mixing a little chopped ginger in a chicken stir-fry is another way to incorporate it. I think the most common reason is dehydration and low blood sugar. Drink plenty of water and eat some fruit, like a banana several times a day.

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:15 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• hellokittykat

• Yes, it's normal! I was sick like that for the first 18 weeks of both my pregnancies. Look at it as a good thing since you are sick because the baby is growing well. Hang in there! Eat more often & smaller meals, drink A LOT of water, cut out as much salt as you can from your diet so you don't swell, eat a lot of fruit & veggies. Take your Prenatals before you go to bed so they don't make you nausea, Do NOT take hot showers. That's why you are getting light headed. You are raising your blood pressure with the heat. Rest/nap as much as you can. You should feel better by 18-19 weeks. BUT, the nausea may come back at the end of the pregnancy.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2013