Anyone have a child with diabetes?

my DS has started showing signs of diabetes and we have an appointment with his doctors next week. but what im wondering is what were some of the signs/symptoms you noticed in your own child before they were diagnosed? he's only 2 so its hard to tell how he feels from day to day. ive looked at the symptoms enough times to make myself a nervous wreck, but it always helps to hear some other mom's experiences.

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 12:19 AM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Aww, poor little guy. I don't have an intelligent answer for you, but here's a bump.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Wow you are waiting until next week to take him in? When my ex's little girl was diagnosed we called the doc to make an appointment. The nurse called us back after seeing why we were coming in and told us to get her blood sugar tested now if we had access to a meter and if not get her to the ER. Well we knew the lady next door was a type 2 so we hiked over and explained and she let us test her. The meter read high with no number twice. The nurse had given us a number if above to take her to the ER and so we did. At the ER her blood sugar read at over 600. She was constantly hungry, but dropping weight fast and also constantly thirsty and VERY tired. I would find a meter and test his blood now and insist that the doctor get him in sooner if the symptoms are worrying you that much. Good luck!
    Anonymous