Is there any way for someone on CM to find you or your personal info in real life?

I was debating another member in a group and told her she sounded like she was posting high. I her last reply she said if I called her a drug addict again that she would fuck me up...is she just talking out her ass or do I have any real cause for concern?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Yes there is! Take my word for it.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I am, believe me. So what's the best course of action, and any experiences you've had?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• It depends entirely on how much personal information you have shared about yourself.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I'd rather not share in a public post.

If you've ever shared personal information about yourself, age, city/state, kids etc. These answers can all be pieced together. You can google your SN Name and come up with all the questions and answers you've ever put on CM.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Set your profile to private, for starters, and take any identifying information off.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• How do you set it to private?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Click on My Other Stuff tab, go to settings. But, this doesn't keep people from checking out your questions and answers. It just makes your profile private.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• LOL
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• No, they can't find you unless you've disclosed enough info about yourself via posts or your profile. And even then, I wouldn't take it seriously because the police are only a phone call away. She'd be stupid to do that. You should report that threatening message to Cafe Mom admin.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:16 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Set your profile to private, for starters,

People really need to realize that there is no such thing as setting your profile to private. It just takes 2 clicks instead of 1 to see everything on it when it's "private"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2013