What is the difference between hand tools and power tools?Where to use loud power tools?

xtolsxtols

Asked by xtolsxtols at 12:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Money & Work

• Power tools you plug in=power
    Hand tools do not=hand use

You can use power tools anywhere there's power.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Hand tools are devices for performing work on a material or a physical system using only hands while the power tools are tools powered by an electric motor. Hand tools are devices for performing work on a material or a physical system using only hands while the power tools are tools powered by an electric motor. Hand tools use hands and power tools use power.
    a power tool is an electric tool like a band saw or circular saw, a hand tool is a non electric one like a file or hammer. Hand tools you use your hands and power tools you use power like air or electricity.
    Power Tools
    I live in a quiet apartment, and using my sander with a built in vacuum creates way too much noise. What is a cheap place I can go to use my tool? I don't real want to spend a lot.
    xtolsxtols

Comment by xtolsxtols (original poster) at 12:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• If you knew the answer then why did you ask?

I know, answer your own question...Where do you go?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Rent a garage, or borrow one from a friend. Or, if there's an outside plug at your apartment building, you can use a power tool outdoors during the daytime when the noise won't upset people.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• This is a trick question, right?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• If you need power tools in your apartment, I would guess you are doing major renovations that you should not be doing.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• What is a cheap place I can go to use my tool? Wouldn't that depend very much on what your project is? If you are spackling and sanding your walls then you are going to need to be where the wall is. If you are stripping and sanding a table then you are going to have to take the table somewhere. I wish people would learn to include the important information in their questions and skip the nonsense.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2013