• In the Spotlight:

Car seat Question!!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter hates the normal infant car seat, she tries to lift her head out of it and can't, she gets mad and cries the whole time in the car. I just bought one of those convertible carseats that sits up a little higher and hopefully she will like it. Does anyone else have my problem with baby crying while in carseat?? Do you think the new seat will work??

MadisynsMom0114

Asked by MadisynsMom0114 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IF YOUR BABY GIRL IS WITHIN THE LBS FOR THE CARSEAT THEN ITS ALL GOOD....AND I BET SHE WILL LOVE IT!
    Anonymous

• try attaching a toy bar or something to get her attention off things in the infant car seat........
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My son has cried, or really I should say screamed in the car seat since day one. He turned a year old today and still cries and screams in the car seat. He does not like to be still or restrained. The car ride is hell for him. A different car seat did not help him, but it does help some babies. He is still rear facing and will be until at least 2. Good luck.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 11:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My 14 month old dd despises any carseat. We strap in, grit the teeth, and go.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my daughter tries to get out of her infant seat too.. she can't but she just wimpers a little and goes back to playing with her bunny toy that's attached. You might want to try a toy attached to the handle as a distraction for her. Otherwise, I'm sure she will love the other carseat.. she's probably a nosy baby like mine :)
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It might work. Make she she is still at a 45 degree angle because her head will flop forward because of her age.
    She might just scream in the car. You can try singing to her. Or sometimes if my son is screaming his head off I just turn up the music. It doesn't help him any, but I need to be able to focus on the driving and not worry about his crying.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Thank you guys!!! Yeah I do have toys attatched to the carseat. I have a toy-bar that goes across and also a toy elephant that has a mirror but she has nothing to do with them...
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 17, 2009