Curious about the President's tax return?

View the slide images here

http://www.slideshare.net/WallStCheatSheet/president-obamas-2012-tax-returns?utm_source=slideshow&utm_medium=ssemail&utm_campaign=weekly_digest

He donated a lot to charity, which is great! And only $492 refund that he's not taking this year. I think this is great that he's encouraging more transparency.

What I am wondering now is how come we never saw such transparency during the Bush administration?

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 3:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I find it sad that a bunch of jealous hags will never be satisfied. If he does not release he is hiding something. If he does release he is such a fraud. And no, Georgie is not known to be generous. He is known for being greedy as well as stupid ass who had to use his daddy's name and influence to get into college. He was turned down from his first choice because he wasn't smart enough.
    Anonymous

• Personally I believe tax information is personal information is private and shouldn't be released, but I'm almost certain that Bush have a much larger percentage of his income to charity than Obama.

Answer by missanc at 6:16 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• When your entire life is free you can afford to donate more. Remember the entire family gets free medical, housing, food, transportation, vacations, etc. You also have to remember that the $150k in donations is not neccessarily money. It can be old clothes, cars, furniture, etc.

If you make $1million and donate 1/2 of that it's great. If you make $1,000 and donate 1/2 that's also great. The thing is which is the greater scrafice/donation?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:30 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I cared less about his tax return as I consider them private. When he put them out there for the world to see he made it open season. Never cared to see any of the other Presidents tax returns either.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• He needs to pay ours! Not sure how he got a refund when we had to pay in $15,000.00.... I guess we need to give to more charities, I'll get right on that after I tell our kids they can't eat for the rest of the year....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• wtf? he got a refund?

I guess he can put that extra $ towards yet another vacation.

oh, and by the way, i donate to charity too. I don't donate thousands, because i don't have extra thousands!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Well, yes the president does get a paycheck, too. His salary is not that high compared to some governors though who don't deal with the scale of issues he does. We should demand to see the returns from all presidents and compare just to be fair.
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I also find it odd that when we have a white president in office, there's no question about citizenship, but when we have a black president in office, then he has to answer all these frivolous allegations. And even when he faces them head on, people are still not satisfied.
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2013