What can you do with Canadian quarters?

We have a ton of them! DH and I are in the newspaper business. You wouldn't believe the amount of Canadian quarters we get from the newspaper machines! And the bank wont take them, they wont exchange them. So what are we supposed to with that amount of quarters?

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 8:28 AM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Money & Work

• I just came up with a great idea! I would find someone who is going to Canada, I assume you must live fairly close? You could put an add on Craigslist saying searching for someone driving to Canada, then ask them to pay you 20 cents for each quarter, they can have what is left for the trouble, I think our quarters are worth less in money value in Canada, so I would guess they would stand to make a pretty goo chunk of change, as long as we are talking about a large amount of them.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:41 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Why won't the bank take them? How many do you think you have? I would call the federal reserve bank, and ask them what to do.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 8:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Here

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:38 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Quinn, that is amazing that you found it, but I would assume a ton of quarters would be expensive to mail, it looks like that she would get paid 67 cents for every $1 in coins, I have no idea how much the shipping would be, but heavy things cost alot to ship!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Go buy something in Canada,or throw them away

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Spend them lol.. I use Canadian quarters all the time
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Use them in machines like they did with the newspaper, soda machines, snacks etc, or just throw them away....

Answer by older at 9:19 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• ^^^^ What they said. ^^^^
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• If she has a lot of them then she can get a USPS flat rate box and ship them that way. Flat rate priority boxes ship for a fair price and they don't go by weight. As they say, 'if it fits, it ships'. LOL. It all depends on what it's worth to the OP. If she has enough to make it worth it, then what does she have to lose?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2013