Mucus discharge at 35 weeks?

I had some slight discharge that I noticed today? I'm only 35 weeks along (expecting twin boys). My actual due date is not til March 25, 2009. My last check up, my ob saw that I'm dilated at 2cm already. I'm not having contractions yet, but I have lower back pains and the sciatica is making it uncomfortable to sleep comfortably at night. When should I call my doctor?

mj0419

Asked by mj0419 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You probably have started loosing pieces of you mucus plug. That does NOT mean your in preterm labor nor does it mean you will go into preterm labor.

However, if you back pain seems to be coming in waves, gets strong and/or you start having bloody show call your doctor and go to L&D.
    Anonymous

• anons got it right! the mucus if its really thick is probably part of your plug. You may lose it a little at a time over the next couple of weeks, or not at all, who knows :)
    For the back pain the only suggestion I can give is to put a pillow under your belly. I know your probably sleeping on pillows at this point. (I was) but if you can tuck one under the bottom of your belly that seemed to help me with my sciatica. If it gets really unbearable it could be a sign of labor so be aware of it. You could also try sleeping in a chair. Good luck!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2009