Wwyd with gigantic bone in chicken breasts?

I was thinking about throwing them in the crockpot, but can't seem to find a recipe that sounds good. What would you do with them?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 10:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Chicken paprikash
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I bake them like I would a whole chicken. Is it skin on? If not, then I would probably do something else, unless you have a roasting bag to keep moisture in.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• BBQ!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I am the strange person who doesn't like to eat chicken breast on the bone, I say crock pot them and then make something wonderful, I made chicken pasta thing the other day that was really good!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 10:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• The skin is on it...and I do have a roasting bag. Hmmmmm. Hmmmm.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• roast them :)
    or BBQ
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:34 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• skin on might not require a roasting bag (unless you like to prepare it like that). The skin should keep some moisture in the breastmeat. I like to lift the skin and spice underneath it so some of that flavor gets into the chicken. I discard the skin after roasting. I usually roast them in a roasting pan at 375 for a little over an hour, or until internal temp reaches 175-180. Then let rest for about 10 minutes after removing from the oven.

I haven't figured out how to grill bone in skin on chicken breasts without charring it and drying it out. My grill gets really hot, even on the low so that's not how I prefer to prepare it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• There really are a lot of things you can do and even if you don't find something you like you can always remove the skin and debone them and make something you're used to.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 1:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I ended up dumping them in the CP with onions, garlic,, BBQ sauce and other stuff. I'm going to shred them, I think, And make sandwiches or quesadillas. Maybe tacos.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I was just going to suggest cooking and shredding the chicken for tacos or quesadillas, or chicken nachos. Great minds think alike.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2013