I REALLY HATE LIVING IN PUBLIC HOUSING!!!!!!!!! if you have a vent just post it theres no question here

ok, our neighbors ended up with bed bugs and roaches (totally yuck!) and the bug guy came and said he was spraying ALL the units that i was to have everything out of the cupboards and ready for him on friday. ok no big deal right? thursday comes around and guess what, so does inspection! the bug guy is with her and sprays now, she got mad because everything was out of the cupboards (even though bug guy told her he told me to do it!) i'm in the middle of laundry, so i have three piles of clothes ready to take up and put away in each other girls room. she got mad about that. she got mad because the younger girls have to share a room and they were in the middle of a game and just left it on their floor so they could finish when they got home. she got mad about that too!
give me a break! i had appointments all week, riley ended up throwing up all over her bed, her sister's bed and some of their stuffed animals that they sleep with! it took three washing to get the smell out of the bedding and toys! to me it sounds like they just don't want the kids to have anything here but their clothes and beds! i just can't wait til one of us gets a better job so we can move back into a real house!

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Home & Garden

• do you get a follow up visit? a chance to fix everything she noted?
    and see if a letter from the bug guy saying you HAD to empty the cupboards may be able to go in your file?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:48 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Noel, why is someone coming to your house to inspect? I am sorry I don't know the protocol for public housing, but it isn't free right? I thought it was just reduced housing?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:27 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• if you have hhud they do inspections my mom had it when we were kids
    mamide02ninas

Answer by mamide02ninas at 11:32 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Its ok for children to have what they want to have, its just when inspection comes up they expect people to get things in order and are given enough time to do so.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• no it's owned by HUD who controls section 8. we're not on section 8 but because i lost my job and he lost his morning job we couldn't stay in the house we were living in. they come in to inspect your place twice a year, to make sure everything is in working order and there are no creepy crawlies around. they give you a week notice before they come into the place. riley threw up the day before they came to inspect, and my dryer gave out so i had to hang up the clothes around the house because it's raining. or else i would have used the clothes line. i think she was just in a mood, the one bug guy said that a lot people didn't pass. this is the first time we didn't.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• i know she told you what to fix to pass
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 4:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Those inspectors can be pretty arbitrary, unfortunately. I'm not on reduced housing now, but I was in the past. They inspect twice a year, and they're only supposed to be looking for violations like no fan or window in the bathroom, non-working appliances, dangerous plumbing or electricity, stuff like that. But some of them get on a power trip and note things like clutter or crowded living conditions.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2013