Jane Fonda at it again

For some stupid reason the powers that be cast Jane Fonda in the role of Nancy Reagan in the upcoming movie "The Butler". Veterans voiced their displeasure at her casting. Her response: Get a life.

Umm....you dumb bitch. Well, Love him or hate him, but I think Billy Ray says it best in his song "Some Gave All"

LINK to article about Jane Fonda

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 11:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• bad choice IMO
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• while i understand why ppl are upset, she is a good actress and she can easily look the part. dont like the actress, dont see the movie.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:55 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• You think it's a bad choice??? She only caused the death of American POWs by telling on them when they attempted to pass her their Social security numbers in order to tell their families that they were alive.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I wish she would find a rock to crawl under and stay there.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I think visually she fits, but IMO she is about the worst choice for the part. Very provocative and I wouldn't pay to see it, and that's because I have a life.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Most of the people who would go the movie to see the story, won't go to the movie because she is in it.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Yes it does impact me. I am a veteran. She is a traitor. 40,000+ soldiers died in Vietnam alone, many of them are still unrecovered. She had an opportunity to HELP US troops, and instead, she turned them over to the enemy.

"Here’s veteran John W. Cassell’s response to that: “Fonda has one hell of a nerve telling Vietnam vets to ‘get a life’ when her treachery during the war cost untold misery to our servicemen and their families. To this day we may not know the extent of her actions, but we do know that she gave aid and comfort to the enemy.”

"'Hypocrites and liars,' was her response to GIs who complained of torture at the hands of the North Vietnamese."

"The facts and testimonies clearly prove that our GIs in captivity were indeed tortured."

^^Excerpts from the article.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp

Most of the stories about Jane Fonda and Vietnam are lies. She has since explained and apologized for any comments she made. There is No truth at all that she gave social security numbers out or was responsible for anyone dying in Vietnam. I can't believe anyone is stupid enough to believe that crap. True she was anti-war but then so was I and so many others who knew we had no  right to be fighting in Vietnam. Grow up and see the facts.

lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2013