Do any of your kids sleep so soundly & sleep walk?

My Son occasionally sleep walks like he did last night. He came into my room & stood next to my bed. I literally could not wake him. So I put him in the bed with me & then carried him back to his bed a little while later. He even talks gibberish when he's doing it. He was bright eyed & bushy tailed this morning & doesn't remember anything. Have your kids ever done this? No fever or cold either.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 12:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes! It's been about 1 year since the last episode, but we woke up to the front door WIDE open, his comforter in strewn across the threshold - 1/2 inside, 1/2 outside. After been alarmed at waking up to the front door wide open, we see the comforter and DH goes running outside to see if teenage son is lying outside somewhere. He wasn't. He had managed to go back to bed without his blanket. It's the first time he's unlocked the door and opened it.
    It's best to NOT try to wake them, but to just lead them back to bed and tuck them back in.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• My oldest nephew does that; he's 9. I think my sister does the same thing as you did. He has night terrors sometimes too like he cries but he's still asleep. He never remembers any of it. Not sure if my sister has ever discussed any of this with his pediatrician or not though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• My oldest used to be bad about sleep walking. There was no waking him, but he understood being told to get back into bed. He would speak clearly, but nonsense at the same time. He used to come downstairs to where I was, ask me a question, and then go back to bed after being told to. He will still have a conversation with you in his sleep while appearing awake, but he has no memory of it when he wakes up.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• My father, brother and I all do/did. Hilarious stories go along with those by the way lol!!! Nobody lives with my dad anymore so I'm not sure if he still does. My brother still mumbles very loud in his sleep but haven't heard anything lately about walking. I still wake up very confused and think or say things that don't make any sense... but everyone else sleeps so good around here that if I did still sleepwalk they would never know it. I don't know at all if there is anything anyone can do about it. We never consulted anyone about it. I have a smile on my face just thinking of some of the stuff we did and said hahahahahaha!
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 4:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Yes, my first born use to do this all the time, she would walk around and talk and her eyes were wide open, it was freaky!

Answer by older at 8:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2013