Would you call cps? pic inside adult content

i am pissed i went to a friends house to watch her kids and look how she has this house it is like this all the time and she has a 18 mo th old baby and a 4 year old! i will clean it up but would you call cps to help those babies look at how gross this is! this is her 4 yr old ds room

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2013 in General Parenting

• Why don't you talk to her about her cleaning habits, this is a difficult thing to judge, was the kid just eating the food on the floor, did the diapers just get purchased? Why is there peroxide on the floor. I think you need to sit with your friend and talk to her, if you like her enough to babysit for her, you should like her enough to speak frankly with her.
    Now is she is abusive neglectful that is a different story, but at that point I would also be questioning why you are friends with her.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• If you are a good friend then tell her you will help her once a week with cleaning. How does she care for the kids besides being a slob? Maybe she doesn't know how to clean? Teach her!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• she is a sahm and no i just took the yesterday to get those because they are down to half a pack she lives three houses over from me. she has been told many times its not healthy for those babies. i want to keep the kids this weekend so she can get a break and clean everything nicely but she says she dont have time. what does she do all day? she never even cooks she always orders pizz for them or fried chicken on a daily basis or go to mcdonalds. shes nice but VERY LAZY. i don't know how else to help her and i clean when i babysit be ause for those babies. i think it os partially why she likes me babysitting for her :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Babysit at her house & say you'll help her clean at the same time. Don't make it easy for her by letting her "Rest". Why does she need a break?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• i have known her for about 2 years and she has always been like this. i even volunteer to help her take the trash to my dumpster to be picked up every friday since they dont pay theirs so they have no reason to have a trashy house she always says yes but its never ready and i cant clean my house take care of my dh and kids then go do the same at her house for free. i just love those babies
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• kind of sounds like you're looking for someone to say yes, call CPS.
    or are you hoping enough responses will talk you out of a predetermined decision?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I had a friend that is ten times worse than this. I always thought it odd they never invited us over and always wanted to meet somewhere else. Long story short, I had to pick her kids up one day and saw the house. It looked like an episode of hoarders. I sat her down and told her, " Girl, if anybody sees this place they are going to call CPS and they are going to remove your kids right then. Lets get this place cleaned up. I'll gladly help you."
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 12:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• i just want someone to give me a good enough reason not to. i feel so sorry for those kids esp her 18 month old ds because he like picking everything up and into his mouth it goes wether it be nasty food or toys.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• here is a pic after i cleaned it up :) 

i even refilled their diaper bag. 

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• No good deed goes undone. I would not giver her a "Break" I would help her to give her kids a "Break" from the mess. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2013