When answering a question...

Do you take your cues from the previous answer, do you not bother reading the other answers first, do you tend to go in the opposite direction from the other answers?

Just curious.

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 12:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I try to read every answer, unless someone is just going on and on, then I skip theirs. And sometimes another person's point of view will make me see things a little differently, maybe open my eyes to something I hadn't thought about. But I answer based on my own feelings.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• LOL feral. I was thinking the same thing.
    CUES
    i'll read the other ones if they're are not too many of them
    I answer how i feel

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I just answer the question & sometimes go back & check on it & other people's responses and the person who asked the question their replies depending on the topic, I'm not a follower I just write my mind in this case
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I will answer what I feel. If I don't feel much or don't have a definitive opinion on the subject I will read other answers to consider other viewpoints and see if there are any suggestions that I hadn't considered. I don't always read other answers before answering, which can flub me up in the end especially when the OP adds other pertinent information in subsequent posts that I hadn't read yet.

There are also times someone else says it better than I could so I just say 'I agree with xyz'.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• no, i do not take lines from anyone else. i dont even know what that means
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I will scan through the first page if it is in RD or R&B.

The rest of the categories ... I just go to the answer box and give my answer.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Generally speaking I try not to repeat what has been said a dozen times, especially when its a yes/no answer. I do read what others have written but I don't automatically assume anyone before me has insider info, either.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I answer first and then read the other comments. Which often makes me have to reply again.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I generally just answer it then read what everyone else said. Sometimes I get embarrassed because the same stuff has been said before or there were clarifications from the original poster that I missed, but at least they are really what I think.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 1:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• depends on the question- especially the ones that are iffy on being real/vs ones that are trying to stir things up or be funny
    sometimes it's obvious-sometimes not so much!

I *usually* try to be respectful and treat it as a real question,or go with my own feeling about it. but there was one yesterday by someone who was a low level- and I wasn't sure which way to go with it since there were a few answers treating it as more of a fun type of post- so that led me to check on what questions or answers the OP had given previously to determine where to go with it. I gave a more fun type of answer- due to her voting those answers up on her post. Shortly after I answered though- it was deleted so...?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2013