Do you think there should be a "For Sale" place here on CM?

Like a mini ebay? So we could buy & sell our kids outgrown clothes, buy some & get rid of toys too. Maybe even make a couple of bucks too? Just a thought since most all of us have tons of outgrown kids clothes & toys. Yay or Nay?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 1:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I think this is a wonderful idea useful for a lot of women here! I say yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 1:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Some groups have swap and trade sections.

I'd be worried about giving out private info as well. There's a lot of crazies here.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• i don't think it's safe to give out your address to strangers

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I am sure it would cost money, but what would be wonderful if we had a place to donate gentle worn clothes to some moms on here that need it, maybe we could send it and everyone pay like $5 bucks to cover the shipping, IDK do you think it would be possible to start a buy and sell group?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 1:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Maybe they have something like this in the groups? I usually find groups in my town on Facebook for buying and selling
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I think it's a good idea, if there could be a way to screen by distance so you don't find exactly the big item you want on the other side of the country. I've found a lot of things I needed, and given unwanted stuff away, locally through Freecycle.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• There is a few groups already that are for buying and selling but most of them are not active what so ever.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• There's a lot of crazies here.

Answer by anng.atlanta

crazies HERE?...say it is not so
    ;)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Butterfly, maybe in order to sell or buy you would need to use another username so no one would know who you were.
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• No

Answer by louise2 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2013