Do you ever take. . . (this is really for sahm but anyone one can answer)

a personal day off from being a mom? hubby's been working split shifts for the past two weeks, this week he's only working mornings and i just feel like telling him he has the kids i'm going out. don't worry i'm not going to do that i just feel like doing that.
does anyone else feel like that too?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Relationships

• We are never given a day off from being a Mom, but we all deserve to have a break every now and than.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Why not do it? I bet hubby gets to do this why not you? everyone of us deserve Dy off every once in a while....

Answer by older at 1:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• When DH is off we all tend to be lazy. He works third shift, but on his off days he'll pull out the couch in the living room and DS and I will lounge while DH sleeps - we'll play video games or watch movies. We'll go in DS's playroom if he wants to play with his toys and run around a bit, or in our room (it's the time of week I get to pick up in there, with him out of the way, lol, but that's about all the housework I do those two days).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• My dh gets up with our kids on Sat mornings so I can sleep in and then once a year I go away for a 4 day weekend with my girlfriends - that's my "time off"

Answer by missanc at 2:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• LOL! I get to sleep for an extra hour on Sundays! Well sleep is a loose term for staying in bed & listening to the mayhem going on in the den while Daddy watches the news. LOL! That's my "day" off!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Why can't you? Just do it.

Answer by louise2 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• We are all allowed to have some "alone time" I hope you get it.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Why can't you? Everyone deserves a day off every now & then.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• i feel like i don't get to have any. hubby just got home from work and now i have to go and pick up the kids. hubby's going to be taking off later to go to the dav and me and the girls have to stay home. it seems like no matter what i do i have to have the kids with me. hubby's always gone doing stuff. mostly it's work but he still gets some alone time.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• i go tanning alone sometimes. so it's abut 30-40 mins of all about me!
    i did have SO take baby and teen with him to the store the other day, i did all the dishes in the sink and the relished the absolute silence in my house:)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2013