Would you be pissed and what would you do about it?

ok, the bug guy was suppose to be out here and spray my apartment for bugs. he never showed up! he took me off the schedule! and this isn't the first time he did this to me! the first time was around inspection last year, i pulled everything out of the cupboards and got in trouble for it! this inspection i did the same thing, and got in trouble again! and now i've got everything out of the cupboards and he was a no show again!

what should i do? what would you do?

i feel like just calling them back and tell i'll take care of the bugs myself! and then call housing to complain they never showed up! but i don't think that would get me anywhere. i am going to go and get some bombs and set them off myself! because i'm tired of finding ants crawling everywhere and because of the neighbors we now have roaches! (the apartment next to me loves to leave their trash right next to our side of the building. there are two women and about 10 guys that come and go from there and they are too damn lazy to take out the trash!)

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Home & Garden

• call mgmnt and complain about the no call no show of the bug guy. also the bomb wont help with the bed bugs- they get into the walls and then migrate. try this

it'll work on the roaches and ants too. and it's not a neurotoxin like the harsher stuff the bug guy uses

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I would complain to the Apt manager. If one apartment has cock roaches, they All have cock roaches, so even if you bomb your house, they will just come back from your neighbor. The whole complex needs bombed. Good Luck!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Where do you live that you can get in trouble for having stuff out of your cabinets. I think the bigger concern is that you should move out of a place that micromanages to that degree.

I wouldn't call and tell them you'll take care of it yourself, because then they can use that to claim you canceled and that's why they didn't show. I'd call and tell them that someone better be out by the end of the day or you're filing a complaint.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• The first thing I'd do is be very proactive about getting rid of the bugs myself. Then Id worry about the no show guy.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I thought the bug guy was at your house when the inspection happened?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 4:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• If they're  listed online you could leave a truthful review about their reliability.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Call the Better Business Bureau and your Chamber of Commerce to report him. If you have a board of licesening, call them, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Next year when this happens I would require the bug company send you a written letter stating their scheduling and what they require from you (ie: emptying out your cupboards, etc). That way when inspection comes by you have a letter to show them.
    For now I would call both management and tell them you want the bug guy back out immediately. And call the bug company to complain and reschedule
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Yes, I'd be pissed. If it was the apartment manager that set up the bug guy through public housing, though, there my not be much you can do.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2013