Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

He wanted out, he got his wish. Now he won't leave me alone, now he is trying to sue me.?

When is he going to stop trying to make my life miserable? He's trying to sue me. What the heck? The divorce is final. we are over.

I was just wondering because someone did something bad to me, then blamed me. Now the person is trying to take me down. He told me when he left he will keep me in court.

I have forgiven them and I'm in a better place in my life than I have ever been. It's been over a year and the are so angry at me.

Why cant they let go and move on?

My husband cheated on me, then tried to leave me with nothing. He's trying to sue me now. It's so silly the money he is wasting on a lawyer. We have nothing. He pays spousal and child support.

He said he wanted to be happy and have a better life. Now we have been apart a year D is done, and he has gotten worse,more anger. Even asking for a paternity test for our daughter, and cut off his visitation.. he knows she is his. He got what he wanted, he's free to do whatever.

I have a new life now with my daughter, I let go of my anger, hurt and I'm in a better place in my life. Calm, happy,and enjoying life with my child. I still get mad when he doesn't do right by our daughter, but other than that I feel nothing about him anymore.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (13)
  • Some people are just not happy unless they are making others more miserable than they are. I know someone like this and his is doing the same thing to his exwife, except he is trying to take the kids away so he doesn't have to pay her child support. He never wanted anything to do with the kids until mediation was set, then all of a sudden he wanted his visitation. The kids said he would spend the whole time on the phone or texting while they played. Some men are just giant douche bags.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 4:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

  • I'm sorry, let him make an ass of himself. Let him get a court order for the paternity test (and have him pay for it) and then look like a fool when the results come in. Let him try to take whatever you don't have.

    I've learned this the hard way. I've been divorced for 2.5 yrs & my ex still pulls shit. I made the mistake at first of over-reacting at first (yelling & crying in court). But, now I just come with my proof and remain calm.

    Answer by 3libras at 4:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

  • Great advice, thank u..

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

  • My ex and are have been divorced for 7 years and he's still dragging me in to court complaining about child support or ignoring the court order so I have to take him in for contempt - it's ridiculous!

    Answer by missanc at 5:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

  • I can't give you any better advice than what they ^^^^^ did, but thank goodness you are rid of him!

    Answer by jerseydiva at 5:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

  • You're happy and you've moved on, congratulations. He's pathetic and broadcasting it to the world.

    Answer by Ballad at 6:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

  • Thank goodness my EXs were dead beat dads. I left them alone. and they left me alone. Win win situation for me. Yes I had to financialy do it on my own. Bet then dealing with their sorry asses all the time.
    On time in my oldest DD childhood her dad called and asked to see her. I said when you pay be back child support I will let you see her. He never called me again.

    Answer by louise2 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

  • Thanks. Good advice..

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

  • God, he sounds so immature. Well the good news is that once it's gone to court, you can't be sued again. His frivolous claims will start to make him look bad to the judge. If you have the guts, take him in front of a TV judge who will scare the crap out of him from ever thinking about suing you again. Just be sure to maintain your composure at all times and come well prepared. Not only that, he will look like an idiot to everyone else he knows. Let his idiocy bring him down.

    Answer by hellokittykat at 7:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

  • You do not say what he is trying to sue you about. If it is over the amout of spousal or child support, well he may do that until the end of time. Most men do not have to pay spousal support so he may be very angry over that. Get the paternity test and be done with that. If he does not choose to see his daughter, it sounds like so much the better. You have moved on and that is all you can do.

    Answer by Dardenella at 7:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.