For you ladies who wear makeup, do any of you use an eyelid primer?

Ive been experimenting with different primers, and I can't seem to get them just right. Do you put it on your eyelid, let it dry completely before applying makeup? Or do you apply makeup while the primer is still moist?

Also what brand works the best for you? I don't use this everyday, but there are times I need my makeup to stay looking fresh, and just applied. (Like when I am in court all day. I dont want to look haggard) and I can't seem to find one that really works.

Thanks,

Nimue930

Asked by Nimue930 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, let it dry first. However, most primers I have used are already set to use and need no waiting period. They are usually silicone-based and have a silky smooth texture to them. Elf makes amazingly cheap, but decent products. You can find them at Target or buy directly online.

http://www.target.com/p/e-l-f-eyelid-primer/-/A-13963726

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 7:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I love Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I just put a dab on and run it in, then put on my eye makeup. It takes just a couple of seconds and doesn't feel moist at all, even when it goes on.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Not regularly but, I'll put concealer on my lids prior to eye shadow sometimes. It does the same thing without having to buy a separate product.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I wear a primer under all my makeup. I generally just use eyeliner, as opposed to eyeshadow.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Urban Decay primer potion
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Never used it. I don't wear much. Just some mascera and powder.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I wear make up but I don't use primer, my make up goes on quick since I am always in a hurry!

Answer by older at 4:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I put the same tinted moisturizer on my eyelids that I use all over my face. It seems to work, I don't have any problem with my makeup not lasting.

Answer by missanc at 5:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• The Nordstrom lady talked me into this and honestly, I forget to use it but when I do, I let it soak in first so it's basically dry
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I wear a make-up primer, not just for the eyes. It is called Murad make-up prime, and so far so good!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 5:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2013