Side question from the morgue photo

You can tell in the photo where the dr's tried to save him but tell me this....if you were the Dr how hard would you try to save him after spending the last several days amputating the legs, arms, etc of his victims? Could you try your hardest to save him or just put in mimimum effort and let him die?

baconbits

Asked by baconbits at 4:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Me personally as his dr. with all that goes with being a doctor, I would do my best to save him and encourage those around me. If I were in that profession I would carry the integrity of who I am now into that and I would uphold my oath.

I can understand that I might have some moments of doubts but I would still be the person I am.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Um, you take a medical oath to do so. You ignore everything known or unknown and you try to save "A LIFE". That's all. Trust me, there are tons of people out there who would like to think otherwise, but it's true. You fight like hell to save each and every person. If you can't do it, you should never get into the medical field.

I had to assist in saving the life of an alcoholic that killed a friend of mine (responded to both calls) whom was working in the roadway taking off the stripes. The guy was driving a van impaired. Later we kept getting called to his house because he was always impaired and falling out of bed. Ugh. But, it wasn't about that... it was about what we had to do.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• First of all, a suspect is just that, a suspect. Guilt is determined in court. Second, if guilty, I would want him to be punished by the judicial system, so again, I'd want him to survive for that. Third, the oath thing.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• If I were in that position I would fight to save him. Living with the fact that I didn't do my best and someone died- ANYONE would bother me a lot more than not fighting for it and having them die anyway
    also the rest of what's been said here (about the oath they take and such)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I've worked with doctors for years. I've never, ever met one that didn't try their utmost to save the patient, regardless of their personal feelings. I would have thought much less of them if they did
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I would try my hardest. Death is the easy way out, I'd rather he have to rot in a jail cell.

Answer by missanc at 5:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I would think it could be a very slippery slope, once a doctor started letting his personal feelings about who was worthy to live and who should die affect his work. Remaining objective, focused, and true to the oath every time would be the only way to avoid playing judge, jury, and executioner in the lives of all patients.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• If you're a doctor it's your job to try to save everyone, not just the people you think are worth saving. I would try just as hard as I would with anyone else. I would also want to see him punished for what he did, so yes I would try to make sure that happened.

Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 5:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• When I worked in a hospital, I noticed that doctors have a lot of pride in being able to save everyone possible. It's like a personal slap in the face to lose someone, or at least a slap to your skill as a doctor. I never saw them shrug anyone off as not worth saving... To them it's a life in their hands and most doctors are arrogant enough to think they can save everyone... : )
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I'd try so that he would be prosecuted.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2013